Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence CANNOT Login for Failed to Authenticate, Before That it CAN Login Normally!

mumu June 3, 2015

Here are the  Exceptions which provided by Confluence:

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
    at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.updateUserCredential(CrowdServiceImpl.java:383)

caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:494)

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.updateUserCredential(CrowdServiceImpl.java:383)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

………………………………………………

Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
	at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:494)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.andCheckResponse(RestExecutor.java:416)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.updateUserCredential(RestCrowdClient.java:170)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory.updateUserCredential(RemoteCrowdDirectory.java:208)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.updateUserCredential(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:300)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.updateUserCredential(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:438)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric.updateUserCredential(ApplicationServiceGeneric.java:505)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.updateUserCredential(CrowdServiceImpl.java:369)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

You're doing something wrong when passing it your credentials, or there's a failure somewhere in one of your systems.

Sorry, we can't really tell you more than that, you haven't given us any information on where this happens and how you provoke the error.

mumu June 4, 2015

Hello Nic Brough. Thank you for responding my question. Now, I will describe the problem detailly. My Confluence Server used Jira Users and Groups. It worked normally before the server change IP address. After the server changed the IP address, I also changed the Jira User Server Configuraion for Confluence Application. But the problem happened. The Confluence cannot login . As Administrator, I cached the login name and password. So, I can saw the Exceptions as the question described. I want to know, how can I use the Jira Users and Group for Confluence as before.

mumu June 4, 2015

And I checked the tables for confluence users. It showed no pass on the credentials row. Is that the problem ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2015

I suspect your confluence is looking for Jira on the old IP address. You will need to add a Crowd directory to the list and point it at the new Jira server address.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events