Confluence Blog Posts - Sub Categories/Child Pages

Marcel Stock August 6, 2018

Hello, 

we recently successfully upgraded our Confluence from 5.10.7 to the newest version.

While most of it worked without any big issues ( just had to tweak the design for some pages), i can't seem to find a specific option to enable a listing of Sub Categories/Child Pages like we have it in our old version of Confluence.

To give you a specific example of what i mean :

https://imgur.com/a/FD6fIYF

As you can see, we had sub categories on the old page which made it easier to navigate.

Could anyone help me out and point me to the right direction / settings?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2018

Looks like you removed the "children display" macro from the page.  (I can't be sure it's that macro though, as you've obscured too much and I don't know the structure of your confluence)

Marcel Stock August 6, 2018

Hello Nic,

thanks for the quick response!

I actually just used a Backup of our Old Confluence and patched it, there is nothing removed by hand. 

When i edit a page on our old Confluence there is no macro involved in the editor, yet the Child Pages show up. I was able to recreate the Children Display on the new Confluence by adding a Macro. 

The problem is that we have over 100+ Pages now missing with the Children Display and adding that Macro by hand on every single page would be extremely tedious. Is there a way to "universally" add Children Pages/The Macro on a specific list of pages?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2018

Your screenshot does look like it's a simple macro on a page.  I'm not sure it was the "child pages" macro, as an upgrade would not have removed it from the pages. 

There are some macros which the upgrade process would remove because they don't work at all on the newer version, but I'm not sure that is what has happened.

There's no way (natively) to add something to the content of a page, but if you do a bit of theming, it is possible to inject stuff into the theme to appear in the framework (and hence every page in a space)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events