Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence/Bamboo: How can I automatically attach a generated document from bamboo to confluence?

Clifford Holden November 27, 2012

I have a code generator tool that is used to generate source code as part of a build plan. It can also generate PDF documents. I would like to, as part of the build plan, attach the file to a Confluence page.

Can this be done?

1 answer

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hallo Clifford

You could use the "AddAttachment" action of the Confluence CLI tool:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.cli

Documentation is here:

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSOAP/Documentation

Your Bamboo plan could trigger the CLI action.

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Sarah

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

And there is now a Bamboo task that can do in within your Bamboo build - see CLI Plugin for Bamboo

Clifford Holden November 27, 2012

The Bamboo CLI plugin sounds more like what I want to do. Currently, I have Bamboo 3.4. I believe the plugin for Bamboo requires at least Bamboo 4.0? There is some discrepancy between the release notes and the Marketplace page, one says that the CLI was tested on Bamboo 3.4, the Marketplace indicates it's for 4.0 - 4.3

I'm planning an upgrade soon, but is there a version I can try out with my current Bamboo?

thanks for the info.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

The base Atlassian CLI was tested on multiple releases including Bamboo 3.4 - 4.3. However, the CLI task plugin was built for 4.x only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events