Confluence Application link checkbox missing from JIRA Application Links

invinci October 9, 2017

Hi,

We have recently switched from standalone version of JIRA to data center. Everything seemed to work fine, but I have an issue with the application access of jira/confluence.

I have successfully connected both Jira and Confluence together, but when I grant new users access to jira, they do no get access to Confluence. When I checked the defaults in the Application Access section of jira administration, to my surprise I do not see a checkbox for Confluence.

Can anyone let me know what am I missing over here?

Untitled.png 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

You are not missing anything, the application integration does not include user administration. You can use JIRA as your user directory for Confluence and manage the access to Confluence by adding users to that group.

Here you will find what the application link between JIRA and Confluence allows you to do: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html

invinci October 9, 2017

Hey Mikael, 
Thanks for your response, but I am still confused here.
I was referring to the the link - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-application-access-744721629.html where the screenshot clearly shows having a single user access management to multiple applications.

Can you please confirm?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

That is for Cloud only, it does not apply to Server/Data Center.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Please see this guide for managing Confluence users via Jira: 

Connecting to Crowd or JIRA for User Management

The Jira/Confluence Cloud offering lets you choose application access all in one place, but the server product works differently. Jira lets you control access to Jira Applications like Jira Service Desk and Jira Software but Confluence access is controlled by the "Can Use" Global Permission under Confluence Admin>Global Permissions: Global Permissions Overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events