Confluence Advanced Search: How to find only pages created after a certain date

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hey, I know I have come across numerous old solutions to this in Confluence Server, but I am struggling to find this in Confluence Cloud. I am looking for find and capture data to show the total number of pages created within a given timeframe (data like a chart showing rate of content creation could potentially be valuable). I am unable to find what I am looking for, best I can get is "Last modified" and it does not give me the option to add additional filters. Any tips/tricks/suggestions? This might be ultra simple and I'm just having one of those days where it's right in front of me.

Scenario: 
I am looking to find a listing of all pages created in 2021 within a single space in our instance, and furthermore, only pages created under a specific top-level page. BONUS: to be able to FLIP that search result to show only pages created BEFORE 2021 (meaning I can add them both together as a consistency check to ensure the two results add up to the total number of pages within the top-level page).

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hi @Russell Zera ,

would you be fine in using the REST API for that? Using the Confluence Cloud REST API, you can search using CQL which allows you to define a query filtering on the created property.

So, a possible CQL might look like this:

type=page and Space=TEST and created > startOfYear()

and the corresponding url:

https://your-domain.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/content/search?cql=type%3Dpage%20and%20Space%3DTEST%20and%20created%20%3E%20startOfYear%28%29

Hope that helps,
Matthias

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

Hi @Russell Zera

There is one option via the advanced search.

Steps:

- Open the search

- Go to "advanced search" at the bottom

- Add the bottom click on Add Filter, where you can select certain filelds such as "created"

- Select Custom

- Add a range

- You will see this:

date_filter.png

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

Thanks @Fabian Lim ! That is what I had found in online documentation as well, only problem is that I am not seeing the ability in Advanced Search to Add Filter. This is all I see... I'll be THRILLED if I'm doing it completely wrong and you point out my miss... but I'm not seeing it. 2021-11-09_14-37-27.png

Like # people like this
Naomi Williams February 14, 2022

@Russell Zera did you ever get the information on how to 'add' an additional filter?  I need to add 'created' and cannot add it.  any help if much appreciated.  thanks!

Like Davin Stewart likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events