Confluence 7.1.0 : mailto with an automatic subject

Nour Durra Nagarro January 17, 2020

I'd like to put a mailto link in a Contact Us button. I'd like to capture the Page Name as the email Subject in addition of course to the email address in the To, is there a variable to do so?

I am able to set the email address, but failing in finding the correct variable to set the subject

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2020

Hi @Nour Durra Nagarro,

you can indeed set the subject. You can even set a body, CC, or BCC. Example:

temp.jpg

See this link for more info.

Best regards,
Sven

Nour Durra Nagarro January 20, 2020

thanks Sven, but this will result in a static subject, what I need is a dynamic subject where the page title is displayed automatically, without being setup manually

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2020

Sorry, this wasn't clear to me from your question. This can be done with a simple user macro:

## @param Name:title=unused|type=string|desc=unused|hidden=true

<a href="mailto:no-one@snai1mai1.com?subject=$content.getTitle()">Contact Us</a>

Best regards,
Sven

Like # people like this
Nour Durra Nagarro January 20, 2020

this is perfect!! 

is there a possibility to display this as a button? or getting this macro as a URL to put it in a button? 

Am I asking too much? :D

Marketplace Partner
January 20, 2020

Sure. You have full control of the HTML, you can do whatever you want. ;)

## @param Name:title=Name|type=string|desc=Your name|hidden=true

<form action="mailto:no-one@snai1mai1.com?subject=$content.getTitle()">
<button class="aui-button aui-button-primary" type="submit">Contact Us</a>
</form>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events