Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 7.0.3 hangs on rendering of page

Jiri Pik October 20, 2019

Since I have installed Confluence 7.0.3 this problem started to show up every few days and the only solution is to reboot.

When that happens, Confluence refuses render page and the reload simply hangs. I can log in but no page is ever rendered.

This happens to be present in the logs. What to do?

21-Oct-2019 01:47:32.816 WARNING [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.notifyStuckThreadDetected Thread [http-nio-8090-exec-39] (id=[573]) has been active for [62,678] milliseconds (since [10/21/19 1:46 AM]) to serve the same request for [https://XXXX.com/calendar/mycalendar.action] and may be stuck (configured threshold for this StuckThreadDetectionValve is [60] seconds). There is/are [16] thread(s) in total that are monitored by this Valve and may be stuck.
java.lang.Throwable
at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:175)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.parkAndCheckInterrupt(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:836)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireShared(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:967)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireShared(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1283)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantReadWriteLock$ReadLock.lock(ReentrantReadWriteLock.java:727)
at net.sf.ehcache.concurrent.ReadWriteLockSync.lock(ReadWriteLockSync.java:50)
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.acquireLockOnKey(Cache.java:3937)
at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.acquireReadLockOnKey(Cache.java:3951)
at net.sf.ehcache.constructs.EhcacheDecoratorAdapter.acquireReadLockOnKey(EhcacheDecoratorAdapter.java:744)
at net.sf.ehcache.constructs.EhcacheDecoratorAdapter.acquireReadLockOnKey(EhcacheDecoratorAdapter.java:744)
at com.atlassian.cache.ehcache.DelegatingCachedReference.getIfPresent(DelegatingCachedReference.java:123)
at com.atlassian.confluence.cache.DeferredCachedReference.get(DeferredCachedReference.java:73)
at com.atlassian.confluence.cache.TransactionalCacheFactory$TransactionAwareCachedReference.get(TransactionalCacheFactory.java:398)
at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.mpacApp(PacClientImpl.java:277)
at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.unknownAppVersion(PacClientImpl.java:281)
at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.isUnknownProductVersion(PacClientImpl.java:272)
at com.atlassian.upm.permission.UpmVisibilityImpl.isKnownOrDevelopmentVersion(UpmVisibilityImpl.java:72)
at com.atlassian.upm.permission.UpmVisibilityImpl.isInstallVisible(UpmVisibilityImpl.java:45)
at com.atlassian.upm.conditions.IsPermittedToView.shouldDisplay(IsPermittedToView.java:61)
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.DefaultWebInterfaceManager.filterFragmentsByCondition(DefaultWebInterfaceManager.java:160)
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.DefaultWebInterfaceManager.getDisplayableItems(DefaultWebInterfaceManager.java:113)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.ConfluenceWebInterfaceManager.getDisplayableItems(ConfluenceWebInterfaceManager.java:78)
at com.atlassian.confluence.web.ConfluenceWebMenuManager.getSectionItems(ConfluenceWebMenuManager.java:48)
at com.atlassian.confluence.web.ConfluenceWebMenuManager.getMenu(ConfluenceWebMenuManager.java:32)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1226.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

2 answers

0 votes
Ed Scherer October 28, 2019

I've just been trying to track down the cause of this problem (we're seeing it, too).

This looks promising:

If the Marketplace is unreachable, UPM causes Confluence 7.0.1 to hang for 30sec per UI click

And note that this problem is present in 7.0.1, 7.0.2, and 7.0.3. Apparently fixed in 7.0.4.

Jiri Pik October 28, 2019

Ed:

For me it started to show up a week ago on 7.0.3. Never before. Right after I made the comment here on October 21, the issue has disappeared by itself.

It actually hanged the entire website, not just for 30secs. 

Thanks for mentioning the 7.0.4 … am just installing it.

Philip Ng November 5, 2019

how did that work for you?

Jiri Pik November 5, 2019

The problem is gone

Ed Scherer November 5, 2019

I haven't seen a repeat occurrence since upgrading to 7.0.4, either.

0 votes
Jiri Pik October 21, 2019

I am wondering if the problem is not caused by my Chrome extension which reloads the Team Calendar page every 1 hour and sometimes it protests that the page is a form?

In any case, the page should refresh itself. 

I have also disabled the refresh on that page to see if it helps?

Jiri Pik October 21, 2019

The Chrome refresh extension is not the cause. The Confluence hangs with that disabled.

Like nong.zhi likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events