Confluence 6.2 Unable to complete import (cloud to server)

Assia Abderrahim May 30, 2017

Hi,
I tried to migrate confluence from the cloud to the servers
I did a backup with no attachments and when I start restoring the data it crashes after a few minutes (the database is on SQL Server 2014 SP2, confluence is installed on linux)

import error.PNG
Here is the error that I have in the log

2017-05-29 15:22:30,519 ERROR [Long running task: Importing data] [confluence.importexport.xmlimport.BackupImporter] importEntities Cannot import the entities:
-- url: /longrunningtaskxml.action | referer: http://localhost:8090/admin/restore-local-file.action | traceId: f3fa46027d449cf0 | userName: admin | action: longrunningtaskxml
com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import: Error while importing backup: not-null property references a null or transient value : com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceBandanaRecord.key
at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.xmlimport.DefaultXmlImporter.doImport(DefaultXmlImporter.java:64)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error while importing backup: not-null property references a null or transient value : com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceBandanaRecord.key
net.sf.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value : com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceBandanaRecord.key
at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.xmlimport.parser.BackupParser.endElement(BackupParser.java:45)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at o

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Turner August 7, 2017

I hit the same problem, and Atlassian Support fixed the Confluence Cloud database.  However I also managed to fix it by editing the XML thusly:

unzip -p Site_Backup.zip entities.xml > entities.xml.orig
xmlstarlet sel --noblanks -t -v "//object[@class='ConfluenceBandanaRecord' and property[@name='key'] = '']" -n < entities.xml.orig # Find the blank node. Yours may not be 'DefaultLoginManager' assumed below.
xmlstarlet ed --delete "//object[@class='ConfluenceBandanaRecord' and property[@name='key'] = '' and property[@name='context'] = 'com.atlassian.confluence.security.login.DefaultLoginManager']" entities.xml.orig > entities.xml
zip -u Site_Backup.zip entities.xml
0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

It looks like the error is similar to the one described in XML import fails due to error: not-null property references a null or transient value

From the log snippet, you have an issue with the bandana table rather than the links table. The knowledge base article recommends running some queries on the source database, which is Cloud in your case. The Atlassian Cloud support team can run the queries for you as you won't have access. Please open a ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com.

Assia Abderrahim May 30, 2017

Thank you I opened a ticket on the support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events