Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 6.15.1 installation issue with MySQL 5.7.27

Sambit Kumar Patra October 9, 2019

Hi Team,

I'm trying to install the Jira & Confluence on the same Ubuntu machine, here I given the version details.

Ubuntu 16.04
Java 1.8.0_222
MySQL 5.7.27
Jira 8.4.2
Confluence 6.15.1

I did Jira MySQL installation with characterEncoding as utf8mb4 successfully.
Now while I'm trying for Confluence setup it is asking me to change the characterEncoding as utf8. 

What should I need to change the configuration in process to achieve this task?
If I configure both Jira & Confluence on same machine on same MySQL database what will be the issue?
Which are the best versions to be configure on Ubuntu 16.04 without issues?
I've license keys for these products.
Please find the screenshot.Incorrect data set.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Sambit Kumar Patra October 11, 2019

@Alexis Robert @JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ 
Thank you both the people, it helped me alot

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Good to know @Sambit Kumar Patra , if you don't mind clinking on Accept Answer on the first post it will help users can also find this solution later, when they have the same issue :)

Thanks !

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi @Sambit Kumar Patra , 

Jira and Confluence use a different character encoding, this should be setup when you create  the database.

For Confluence :

CREATE DATABASE confluencedb CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

For Jira :

CREATE DATABASE jiradb CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_bin;

You don't need to change the entire MySQL server default setting as it can be set for each database that you create.

For Confluence, this guide can be useful for MySQL setup : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html#DatabaseSetupForMySQL-3.Createdatabaseanddatabaseuser

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

One remark:

If the database & the tables already exists, it is NOT sufficient to just change the character set / collation for the database. Every table MUST be converted to the new settings on it's own.

Best

JP

Like Sambit Kumar Patra likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events