Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 6.0.1: Loading the editor's taking longer than usual

DanielF November 8, 2016

Since migrating to 6.0.1, we see this error preventing users from editing pages seemingly randomly.

confluence-edit-bug.png

I was told this is a known bug in 6.0.1, so my question is will this be fixed in 6.0.2 and how long until 6.0.2 is released? Also, is there a workaround for it in 6.0.1?

4 answers

5 votes
Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

Hi I just changed one system property and it worked for me.

In file <Confluence home>\confluence.cfg.xml I changed synchrony.proxy.enabled property to false

Documentation

蘇子堯_Klus_ January 3, 2017

this way not works for me

Kara January 10, 2017

This worked for me. I'm running v6.0.3. Thanks Roman.

Hal9000 January 27, 2017

This worked for me. v6.03. Roman U rock!

Chris Worthington February 26, 2017

I'm running Confluence on Windows and I don't have a confluence.cfg.xml file. Could it be in another file?

Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2017

Chris, I'm running on Windows too. Try to use search file!

Chris Worthington February 27, 2017

Of course I did that. wink
The problem is your description above is ambiguous. On my install, I have 2 paths:
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\

Since your path says <Confluence Home>\, I searched in C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\ and found nothing. But once I went one directory back, I found the file in C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence.

Since your hint above doesn't mention there are TWO Confluence paths, it was easy to mistake the first one as the root. (I should also add I didn't use a custom install and I followed the defaults, so this is Confluence's fault! :smile )

Hope this comes in handy for someone else. The tip worked right away, once I found the file!

Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2017

Chris. I used Atlassian notation of JIRA/Confluence directories. Installation dir and Home dir are not the same and can be even placed on different servers. 

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\ - Confluence home dir

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\ - Confluence install dir

Thanks for your comment! I didn't noticed that this info is not obvious.

Chris Worthington February 28, 2017

Well, if I had searched in the c:\program files\Atlassian directory in the first place, I would have found it. smile

Jose Augusto de Jesus Germano December 12, 2018

I have the same problem in version 6.7 and this tip works for me. Thanks bro

Daneczech January 23, 2019

This tip works for me. I also had to disable the Live Editor thing (that enables multiple users to edit a page at the same time). 

2 votes
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2016

See the https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43893571. The workaround can be simple, if you are not using https otherwise you need to proxy your instance.

DanielF November 8, 2016

We're not currently using https, so is the issue a firewall issue (base on the post you linked)? And if we were using SSL, how would that differ?

Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2016

So yes the issue is connected to your firewall. If you used ssl, read the https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43893571 (links to a comment). You will have to place an nginx/apache in front of confluence and proxy all requests

Evan Barash November 14, 2016

Daniel, Panos: I'm running Confluence 6.0.1 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM w/o https and have the same problem (internal use only). I added an inbound firewall rule to Windows Firewall for 8091 and the editor still does not load for me. Only option is for me to disable Collaborative Editing so the editor will work. Was there something else I need to open up?

Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2016

The workaround worked for me when i restarted the synchrony. Did you also open ports from vm firewall? Finally, inspect the connection from your chrome/firefox to see exactly the connection properties

Evan Barash November 14, 2016

@Panos Karampis Got it working. I had tried restarting Synchrony before i posted and it still wasn't working. WHich is when i decided to disable it so I could get some work done. After reading your post, i turned Collaborative editing back on, Synchrony started, and voila - CE is working. Many thanks to you! laugh

Giovanni Tirloni November 21, 2016

It took me a while to find this here. I have nginx terminating SSL and Confluence behind it, and still, this doesn't work. The synchrony health checks in the log indicate it's able to connect just fine. For now, I have disabled collaborative editing.

Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2016

I dont know about health checks. Open the chrome inspection console. What errors do you see?

Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2016

@Giovanni Tirloni, try to change proxy property as I suggested in my answer below.

Steven Parsons November 23, 2016

@Evan Barash . I am running the same set up as you Windows 2012 VM. Could you tell me how you got it to work? Currently It only works correctly for me with Edge/IE users.

thanks.

Evan Barash November 23, 2016

@Steven Parsons First I created an Inbound Rule to open 8091 for Synchrony (or whatever port your running Synchrony on) on my VM hosting Confluence, then restarted Synchrony service in services.msc and Collaborative Editing still wasn't working. So i decided to turn off CE entirely, restarted my VM (just for good measure), then turned on CE and that seemed to work. I probably didn't need to reboot, but I figured the 30 second wait was worth a shot. And it works in any browser, Chrome, IE/Edge, Firefox, etc.

Steven Parsons November 23, 2016

Thanks, I don't think its an issue with my firewall. I have run tests with it disabled. My issue is with the IIS rewrite rules that are being used to proxy requests.

0 votes
crisanto_tan April 22, 2020

just encountered this today, if you are using a forward proxy for confluence this is not the solution. 

you just need to add ung ff to the <confluence-install>/conf/server.xml

-> under <Connector> 

-> prorxyName="dns for the forward proxy" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" secure="true"

0 votes
OlgaP December 14, 2016

not yet. I've just upgraded confluence from 5.10 to 6.0.2. AND... have discovered this inconvenient bug.

Are there plans to fix it in 6.0.3 ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events