Confluence 5.4.3 Task List - Due Date using \\ not working

Please advise .

Thanks Ankur

5 answers

1 vote
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

I think the \\-Function in Tasks are in Confluence 5.5

So if you are using Confluence 5.4 that will not work :-)

0 votes
maintenance March 11, 2016

I'm with the same problem.

It happened once and stops after a while (we restarted the serve ate some point between)

And now it happended again.

Version: 5.9.3

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

This is not working for us either after upgrading from 5.5.2 to 5.5.4. Type // just leaves it as a // with no calendar pop. No we have no pop up blockers and this is happening from my entire user base (500) as far as I know.

Helen Setchell August 28, 2014

Robert - try using backslashes instead of forward slashes?

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014

Yeah thanks Helen, I was using the \\. I typed it wrong in the comments. Turns out this is a known bug CONF-34553. Also as reboot resolves it, so my user base is happy. The reboot also fixed two other known issues we were having. I am thinking about implementing a wekkly or monthly reboot schedule as the state of confluence is getting complicated enough that this may be required.

0 votes
Ankur Mehrotra June 15, 2014

Hi Andre

Are you sure on it that \\fn works for Confluence 5.5

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2014

You'll need to give us more detail. What does \\ actually do? What has been set up for due date? What are you expecting from \\? Are there any errors or warnings in your logs?

Ankur Mehrotra June 14, 2014

This is a confluence related issue when creating a task list in it.

This \\ is a shortcut for adding Due date to as task in a tasklist similar to @ for assigning the task to a person

No error is coming, only the functionality is not working

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2014

Yes, but what does it actually do? What do you get? What are you expecting? What does "functionality is not working" mean? Describe what you are doing and what is happening?

Go to confluence page type [] for creating a task list

Now Create a task and assign that task to a person using @ functionality which is working, but similar to @ you can add due date by typing \\ to that task, which is not working

on typing \\ a calendar should open dynamically for assigning a due date to that task, which is not happening

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2014

Yet again, what does "not working" mean? What is happening?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2014

Ok, nearly there, but... what's not happening? Assigning of the date? Or the popup of the calendar?

If it's the calendar, are you using a browser with popup blockers? Can you try a different browser?

yes the popup of the calendar is not coming....do we need to install/associate a calendar for it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events