Confluence 5.4.3 Task List - Due Date using \\ not working

Hi Team

Confluence 5.4.3 Task List - Due Date using \\ not working

Please advise .

Thanks Ankur

5 answers

I think the \\-Function in Tasks are in Confluence 5.5

So if you are using Confluence 5.4 that will not work :-)

0 vote

You'll need to give us more detail. What does \\ actually do? What has been set up for due date? What are you expecting from \\? Are there any errors or warnings in your logs?

This is a confluence related issue when creating a task list in it.

This \\ is a shortcut for adding Due date to as task in a tasklist similar to @ for assigning the task to a person

No error is coming, only the functionality is not working

Yes, but what does it actually do? What do you get? What are you expecting? What does "functionality is not working" mean? Describe what you are doing and what is happening?

Go to confluence page type [] for creating a task list

Now Create a task and assign that task to a person using @ functionality which is working, but similar to @ you can add due date by typing \\ to that task, which is not working

on typing \\ a calendar should open dynamically for assigning a due date to that task, which is not happening

Yet again, what does "not working" mean? What is happening?

Ok, nearly there, but... what's not happening? Assigning of the date? Or the popup of the calendar?

If it's the calendar, are you using a browser with popup blockers? Can you try a different browser?

yes the popup of the calendar is not coming....do we need to install/associate a calendar for it

Hi Andre

Are you sure on it that \\fn works for Confluence 5.5

This is not working for us either after upgrading from 5.5.2 to 5.5.4. Type // just leaves it as a // with no calendar pop. No we have no pop up blockers and this is happening from my entire user base (500) as far as I know.

Robert - try using backslashes instead of forward slashes?

Yeah thanks Helen, I was using the \\. I typed it wrong in the comments. Turns out this is a known bug CONF-34553. Also as reboot resolves it, so my user base is happy. The reboot also fixed two other known issues we were having. I am thinking about implementing a wekkly or monthly reboot schedule as the state of confluence is getting complicated enough that this may be required.

I'm with the same problem.

It happened once and stops after a while (we restarted the serve ate some point between)

And now it happended again.

Version: 5.9.3

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked May 24, 2018 in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

604 views 18 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you