Confluence 5.10 instead of 6.0 ??

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 5.10.0-m03 Release Notes

I thought the next official Release would be Confluence 6 ?

Now there is a 5.10 in the EAP?

So I think Confluence 6 will be published at the end of this year and not "early 2016"?

sad

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2016

Never fear, Confluence 6.0 (with all its collaborative editing goodness) is still on the way.  

In the meantime we wanted to make sure we made some of the great new features that are already available in Confluence Cloud available to Confluence Server customers too - especially ones that we know Server customers will really appreciate, like the Audit log. 

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

Nice! Thanks for the update and explanation.

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

Hi Andre,

I hope all is well (we met at Summit last year).

I found a clue for why we haven't heard anything yet for 6.0 in this feature request.  The feature request is for what we have all heard will be a key element of 6.0:  "Real-time concurrent editing to allow multiple editors to collaboratively edit content":

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333

Check out Sherif Mansour's 28-Mar-16 comment on the page  Summarizing his comment he said it will 'be coming to Cloud soon', that 'we are super eager to get it to you' but because 'this change has some very significant architectural changes to the product' that 'it's important we proceed with caution', and we are 'keen to get it right'. 

We can all make deductions for what the trickle-down will be for getting it to Server, but similar to your other calculations, it will likely be a few months down the road. Hmmm, maybe timed just right for Summit.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

Confluence 6 will contain the live editing, according to this QA. It was announced at Summit 2014 and since then, we've seen awesome improvements in 5.x versions of Confluence.

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

I know that live-edit is part of the 6.0 release but if i am right Atlassian said several times that the release could be in early 2016.

Now, almost May, they develop a new minor-release?

Lets calculate a little bit...
We have M03-Release. lets wait 2 months until final release. Thats beginning August when we have a 5.10.0
Lets have 3-5 bugfix-releases. once a month...

Thats far far away from early 2016 for Confluence 6 sad

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2016

This is why software companies don't usually talk about their roadmap publicly - They don't want to create expectations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events