Confluence 4 Editor Table And Outline Problems

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2011

We are having users report lots of problems with cursor position and expected behavior in the new editor. Not all have clear steps to reproduce, but here's an example that I can replicate:

1) (IE 8 and Firefox 8 at least) Table navigation doesn't work within a list - Create a page. Start a numbered list. Type foo for the first item and bar for the second. Now insert a small table in the second item (common in say, instructions). Type in the first table cell. Hit TAB. Expected behavior is to tab to the next table cell, but instead the list item just indents further. You also cannot hit tab to add a new table line the way you normally do with a table.

2) Using bold within a list causes cursor to get stuck/lost (Chrome 15, partially broken in IE8) - Start a bulleted list. Type foo and hit Enter. On the second item hit TAB to indent, click the Bold icon and type bar. Click the Bold icon again to turn off bold. Hit Enter twice more and then type hello. On Chrome, the cursor freezes/disappears. On IE8, the second Enter causes the list item to outdent back to the first level, and when you type the h in hello, the bullet disappears. On FF8 it works ok.

These are a couple of examples ... but overall people seem to be having problems typing more complex wiki pages now, especially with lists involved. I have also had other cases (usually I use FF8) where the cursor seems to get lost.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2011

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and the steps to recreate the issues. I've made a note of both these issues which I'll recreate and log cases for, then add them to our Editor Feedback Page. You might want to put a watch on that page to stay up to date with these and some other similar issues people have raised.

I'm sorry you've had what sounds like a pretty bad experience with the new editor in these areas. We know there's some work to be done and are definitely focused on continually improving the editing experience, starting with fixing issues like these.

Thanks,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events