Confluence 4.0 Editor - Cannot edit long pages!

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but some of our users cannot edit the bottom of the page if it is too long. The editing bar at the bottom is preventing the last few lines from even being seen.

This is reproducible on IE/FF/CH on Windows & MacOS/X.

Update: Turns out that this was due to some HTML text I had in the editor. Still an issue though.

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Were you displaying Custom HTML in the Confluence Header?

If yes, simply move that HTML to the start of the body:

Confluence Admin > Custom HTML

This is a known issue in Confluence 4.0.

The same thing happens with the HTML at the start of the body. But it does work in the footer. Thanks for your help.

That's interesting. I had the same issue with the Confluence Sandbox. Moving the custom HTML to the start of the biody solved the problem for me.

David Simpson Community Champion Sep 29, 2011

I'm getting this problem on Chrome/OSX after pasting a large image in. If I switch Chrome to full screen, the problem goes away though -- I'm not convinced that this is a suitable workaround for all.

In my case, there is no additional Custom HTML pushing the page elements out of place.

I had this problem when adding table rows. Kind of awkward to try to add an image to a table row when you can't see it. :P

One solution is to manually add scroll bars to the edit page's HTML. I did this by editing the Global Stylesheet at Admin > Stylesheet. Add the following:

body.contenteditor {

overflow: scroll !important;

}

If the RTE's content box is too short, you can change the height to, say, 600px, by using the following:

#wysiwyg, #preview, #previewArea {

height: 600px !important;

}

hth,

matthew horn

Another solution is to manually add scroll bars to the edit page's HTML. I did this by editing the Global Stylesheet at Admin > Stylesheet. Add the following:

body.contenteditor {

overflow: scroll !important;

}

hth,

matthew horn

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

92 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you