Confluence 4.0 Editor - Cannot edit long pages!

Man Wei Tam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2011

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but some of our users cannot edit the bottom of the page if it is too long. The editing bar at the bottom is preventing the last few lines from even being seen.

This is reproducible on IE/FF/CH on Windows & MacOS/X.

Update: Turns out that this was due to some HTML text I had in the editor. Still an issue though.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2011

Were you displaying Custom HTML in the Confluence Header?

If yes, simply move that HTML to the start of the body:

Confluence Admin > Custom HTML

This is a known issue in Confluence 4.0.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Another solution is to manually add scroll bars to the edit page's HTML. I did this by editing the Global Stylesheet at Admin > Stylesheet. Add the following:

body.contenteditor {

overflow: scroll !important;

}

hth,

matthew horn

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

One solution is to manually add scroll bars to the edit page's HTML. I did this by editing the Global Stylesheet at Admin > Stylesheet. Add the following:

body.contenteditor {

overflow: scroll !important;

}

If the RTE's content box is too short, you can change the height to, say, 600px, by using the following:

#wysiwyg, #preview, #previewArea {

height: 600px !important;

}

hth,

matthew horn

0 votes
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2011

I had this problem when adding table rows. Kind of awkward to try to add an image to a table row when you can't see it. :P

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2011

I'm getting this problem on Chrome/OSX after pasting a large image in. If I switch Chrome to full screen, the problem goes away though -- I'm not convinced that this is a suitable workaround for all.

In my case, there is no additional Custom HTML pushing the page elements out of place.

0 votes
Man Wei Tam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 29, 2011

The same thing happens with the HTML at the start of the body. But it does work in the footer. Thanks for your help.

Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2011

That's interesting. I had the same issue with the Confluence Sandbox. Moving the custom HTML to the start of the biody solved the problem for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events