Confluence 3.2.1 - A more complex page

Hans Meiser May 24, 2012

Hello,

in my company we are using Confluence 3.2.1 at the moment and i want to create a more complicated Page than just links and text.

The page should look like this:

And i should be able to click at each box to get to another page.

Is there anything in Confluence 3.2.1 that you would recommend to build such a page ?

Thanks

iAMtony

3 answers

0 votes
Hans Meiser May 30, 2012

Thank you all for your answers. I will try both solutions but tend to the html suggestion.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

A simple way for having boxes as links to pages was to use the {navmap} macro and have appropriate labels in pages. It won't look like what you have posted, but a neat simple way to have clickable boxes.

Otherwise design whatever page you need using your favorite HTML editor and use the {html} macro and put everything inside that.

Deleted user May 27, 2012

I agree with Renjith. But note the typo in the macro name (no "i"). The syntax is {navmap:yourpagelabel}

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

Edited, thank you :)

0 votes
K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2012

I don't know what 3.2 supports as we are on the OnDemand version which is current. However, with that said, OnDemand is limited to very few plugins. So, I would expect that there is an Adaptavist plugin that will work.

We use the Clickable macro which allows you to create a section that the user can click on and take them some please else. Within that macro, we use the Round Rectangle button macro to create the box and insert the text.

You have control over the size and width and thus, can create the different sizes you need.

See the screenshots as an example

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events