Confluence (3.0.0_01) how to connect into server and then extract wiki page (html) using NodeJS?

My client has Wiki residing on Confluence using an older version 3.0.0_01 and they want to enter a path (url) to a specific page/space and then extract in html and insert in an internal Google Site.

1. With this older version, how do I connect? What API?

2. Once connected, what API can I use to extract/export in HTML?

3. Note: client has another version 3.5.6 with just a couple pages/spaces that also need extraction.

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 vote

There's a SOAP API for Confluence 3 (see https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/deprecated-apis/confluence-xml-rpc-and-soap-apis ), but it's not going to give you html.  You'll have to convert anything you fetch from wiki markup to html by yourself.

You might find it easier to just scrape the page directly.

Thank you, Nic.

The SOAP and work to get it to HTML is a lot work and testing. Perhaps, I will have the client manually export to html (assuming that option exists in UI) and then upload to a web app.

Interesting. Nic, from your reference link I found this Python script. Perhaps NodeJS with this script or one similar may work. Thoughts?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Export+Space

Kind Regards,

Nice find!  I think that could be converted to NodeJS reasonably easily (I'm not a Javascript coder, and my Python isn't a lot better, but it does feel right)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you