Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 2GB Maximum File Attachment Size Limit?

Eddie Connatser April 16, 2012

I am trying to upload a 3GB video to Confluence. I changed the "General Configuration" settings to allow for up to 5GB files, and I've also checked the user's filestore on the server to ensure there is plenty of space for this file. However, when I try to upload the file, it gives me an error that the file is too large (larger than 2,048 MB). Is there a way to get rid of this limit? THANKS!

Kind Regards,

Eddie

2 answers

2 votes
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2012

Hey Eddie, this is indeed a bug in Confluence. There seem to be a hardcoded max size limit, which is 2GB. You might want to watch this bug report - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20912 for any further updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

Hi Eddie,

In order to understand the cause of your issue we would need to review your atlassian-confluence.log to get the detailed stack trace.

However, since you have ensure that "General configuration" setting is on 5GB, could you please double check your attachment storage setting?

• If its configured to be stored at file system, double check if there are still free space left for the attachment
  • If its configured on your database, double check if there are any size limitation configured on your database level. If it is on MySQL, please refer to this KB.

If the above possible causes is not the cause on your end, you might want to create a support ticket at our support channel so that we could review your instance log and information in private.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events