Hi,

I have been tasked with looking at a very old version of Confluence (2.7.3) to see if I can help improve it in the short term - don't worry, I'm already pushing for an upgrade to happen asap :)

There are several caches which could do with being flushed and increased, but I'm unable to find the confluence-coherence-cache-config.xml to be able to edit them. I thought it would be in either the <confluence-home>/config directory or the <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes directory but its not.

Is there anywhere else it could be?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Duncan,

I believe the reason that you can't find the confluence-coherence-cache-config.xml file is because it was deprecated as of Confluence 2.6, so now you need to edit the <confluence install directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-2.7.3.jar file and then add the .XML file you've extracted from the .JAR and place it in the <confluence install directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes directory, where it will override any of the files contained in the .JAR. You can read more about his in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=214862129

If you're not confident editing the contents of .JAR files, you can follow the instructions in this document to assist you in doing this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF26/Editing+files+within+.jar+archives

All the best,
John

Thank you for all the info John - I'll give this a go and report back :)

Just wanted to say thank you John - we have the files and we are tweaking! ;)

Thanks for letting me know Duncan, I'm glad to hear that I was able to help you figure this out.

All the best,
John

Glad to hear that I was able to help you figure this out Duncan.

All the best,
John

<script id="FoxLingoJs" type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ !function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var s=document.createElement("script");s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState=="loaded" || this.readyState=="complete"){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}(); // ]]></script>

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

143 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you