Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 2.7.3

Duncan Wilkinson November 5, 2012

Hi,

I have been tasked with looking at a very old version of Confluence (2.7.3) to see if I can help improve it in the short term - don't worry, I'm already pushing for an upgrade to happen asap :)

There are several caches which could do with being flushed and increased, but I'm unable to find the confluence-coherence-cache-config.xml to be able to edit them. I thought it would be in either the <confluence-home>/config directory or the <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes directory but its not.

Is there anywhere else it could be?

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Hi Duncan,

I believe the reason that you can't find the confluence-coherence-cache-config.xml file is because it was deprecated as of Confluence 2.6, so now you need to edit the <confluence install directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-2.7.3.jar file and then add the .XML file you've extracted from the .JAR and place it in the <confluence install directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes directory, where it will override any of the files contained in the .JAR. You can read more about his in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=214862129

If you're not confident editing the contents of .JAR files, you can follow the instructions in this document to assist you in doing this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF26/Editing+files+within+.jar+archives

All the best,
John

Duncan Wilkinson November 6, 2012

Thank you for all the info John - I'll give this a go and report back :)

Duncan Wilkinson November 11, 2012

Just wanted to say thank you John - we have the files and we are tweaking! ;)

JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Thanks for letting me know Duncan, I'm glad to hear that I was able to help you figure this out.

All the best,
John

JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2012

Glad to hear that I was able to help you figure this out Duncan.

All the best,
John

<script id="FoxLingoJs" type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ !function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var s=document.createElement("script");s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState=="loaded" || this.readyState=="complete"){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}(); // ]]></script>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events