Confluce sid Manager error

Olalekan Tomori October 28, 2016

I setup confluence and did my installation and everything was ok. I also installed the trial version of Brikit theme. I installed confluence as a service. I stopped my server to take a backup of work done so far and on starting the server, I can't connect on port 8090. Instead , I get the error below:

HTTP Status 500 - An exception occurred processing JSP page /errors.jsp at line 54

type Exception report

message An exception occurred processing JSP page /errors.jsp at line 54

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /errors.jsp at line 54

51:                     ConfluenceSidManager sidManager = (ConfluenceSidManager) ContainerManager.getComponent("sidManager");
52:                     try
53:                     {
54:                         sid = sidManager.getSid();
55:                     }
56:                     catch (ConfigurationException e)
57:                     {

Stacktrace:....

Does anyone know what is going on?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2016

What does the log file say?  Under <confluence home>/logs there should be a set of logs, one of them will have more detail

Olalekan Tomori October 29, 2016

Thank Nic,

I have the following logs with content. All the other logs are empty. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2016

Ok, those might be useful later, but we need the application logs from <confluence home>/logs (the ones you've given us are the server logs from <confluence installation>)

0 votes
Neil Smith January 22, 2017

We had this error today. Looking at the Confluence home log, in our case the cause was Confluence's SQL login had expired as we had accidentally left the 'Enforce password policy' 'Enforce password expiration' on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events