Configuring Mail Server Within Confluence (O365)

Zebadiah Ramos October 23, 2017

Hello!

I'm attempting to configure a mail server within our locally installed Confluence, but I'm receiving the below error when I send a test mail:

"An error has occurred with sending the test email:
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [DM2PR04MB525.namprd04.prod.outlook.com]"

I have successfully set up a mail server within our Jira instance that's using the same credentials/hostname information with no issues. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

As always thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Hi Zebadiah,

If your JIRA is working and you expect to use the same account, let's try pulling the credentials from your JIRA. Run this SQL command to fetch the username/password of your SMTP server from JIRA's database:

select * from mailserver where server_type = 'smtp';

The mailusername and mailpassword columns are what you're going to want to double-check, but go ahead and take a peek at the rest of the values to make sure everything else matches in Confluence as well. Try copying the password directly from the SQL results into the Confluence settings just in case there was a mistype somewhere along the way.

Hope solves it, but if not, we'll keep troubleshooting!

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S. If you feel like this answer helped, please hit the checkmark to the left to mark it as answered. This helps us focus our efforts on unsolved questions. Thanks!

Zebadiah Ramos October 23, 2017

Thank you, Daniel!

This got me what I needed!

0 votes
Deleted user January 10, 2019

@Zebadiah Ramos what email client and OS are you using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events