Configure SQL Plugin in Confluence

l July 20, 2014

Hi All

We recently upgraded the confluence version to 5.4.4 and upgraded the SQL plugin but we are facing issues.

Plese help me to configure the

Configure SQL Plugin

2 answers

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

The SQL connections are stored in the server.xml file. The changes to the file must be put back in when you upgrade as the file is overwritten during the upgrade process. Any changed files should be backed up by the upgrade process, so you should be able to see what you had in there prior to the upgrade.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

Davin's answer is the most likely scenario if you have just done an upgrade. Any custom configuration you do in Confluence (including adding datasources to your server.xml file) need to be remembered in your upgrade process documentation and then re-applied after the upgrade.

And if you are still having problems open a support issue with us.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2014

It helps if you tell us what the issues are, what you have configured and what is and isn't working.

For all we know from your question, a penguin could have invaded your office and pecks you every time you try to click "configure"

l July 20, 2014

Hi Nic

we are getting "Error rendering macro 'sql' : dataSource: XXXXX not found."

Please help me the syntax i can configure in the plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2014

Ok, that's clear. What data sources have you made available in the Confluence configuration? If it was working on a previous version, then my best guess is that you have lost/overwritten the datasource configuration the plugin is using when you upgraded. You'll need to look at the config you had before.

l July 20, 2014

Hi Nic. I think dataSource is working as the application works fine, But some configuration is needed for the plugin. please suggest the syntax need to be add in configuring the Bob SQL plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2014

I don't have any more access to documentation than you do. You'll need to read that to establish what you should be doing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events