Confiforms date field - Manual entry defaults to Dec 31 1969

Jason Walsh November 2, 2020

Good morning,

Quick question regarding date fields in Confiforms. 

I have a date field and it appears that the user can enter in different date formats in the field (ie: 08/10/2019) whereas the date picker format is MMM dd, yyyy. When the record is saved, it doesn't throw an error and if I go in to "Edit" the record the date is displayed as "Dec 31, 1969" 

Might be a validation rule I need to set but was unable to find any literature online. let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

If a value given by the user cannot be parsed then it is set to "initial value" of a timestamp, which is what you see.

The easiest way is either to use a regular expression validation on a date field or have a field definition rules macro that verifies the date's timestamp is bigger than 0 (if you allow dates after the Dec 31, 1969 only)

Alex

Jason Walsh November 2, 2020

Are you able to elaborate a bit or provide an example of how this is done?  How would I phrase that in a field definition rule?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Could you actually tell me the version of ConfiForms you are using, as I was not able to really set anything else into a date field than the value that is accepted by the "date pattern"

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 20.19.16.png

Jason Walsh November 3, 2020

It's an older version of Confiforms 2.0.31

Could I not just code a validation rule to force the date format from the date picker? I tried MMM dd, yyyy but it kicks back dates from the date picker as well, am I missing something?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2020

Please update your version. You are using something what is 1.5 years old and we have had so many updates during since.

The current version of ConfiForms app is so much better than the one you have...

Butch_Richards April 23, 2024

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  using a web version of concluence would guess it keeps us at the latest I am at a large company and it is enterprise today it started changing date time to   dec 31 1969 1900

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events