Confiforms autopopulate page title

Katie Trader August 19, 2016

Is there a way in Confiforms to autopopulate a field with the page title? I know that autopage pulls the page ID, but I need the page title and don't want users to have to manually enter it.

1 answer

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2016

What do you mean by auto-populate the page title? The title of the page they are on?

malli geswari May 13, 2018

Hi

I have the same question. While defining the fields in confiform, would like to preset the title of the page they are on is one specific field. How do we acheive it

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

In the registration control properties look for a setting called "Set values as key=value pairs, separated by & (as request parameters)". Put the below string into the field where the left most "title" is the name if the field that you want populated.

title=[entry._page.title]

So if you field is called pageName then it would look like this.

pageName=[entry._page.title]
malli geswari May 15, 2018

Thanks Davin. It works. 

However, if the registration control is embedded in a different page is it possible to populate the title of the page where the form and form fields are defined

Example:

a) Page Title - Ack

Form Name - Form1

Field Name - Content, Name

b) Page Title - Updates

Form Regitration Control - Referring Form1

Key=value pairs are set as "Content=[entry._page.title]&Name=[user.fullName]"

Here Page title is stored as "Updates". But i would like the Pagetitle "Ack" to be displayed. How can we achieve this.

In my use case, Registration Control will not be in the same page where the form is defined

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

Are these pages being dynamically created from a template or something? If not why not just have a field where you hard code in the value for the page where you host the form? 

malli geswari May 20, 2018

1) Form is hosted on a page with title "test" and it has 3 fields name, date, title. The registration control is defined in page with title "Check". While defining the registration control, we can pre set the values for name and date.

But not clear and sure of how we can hardcode and preset the value for title field with "test"

2) Have raised the below question under -" Confiform csv extract without meta data"

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Confiform-csv-extract-without-meta-data/qaq-p/797615

But have not received any reponse. Request your support

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2018

If title is a text field you can just do something like this ...

title=test

If the field is a "Page/Bog post" type you can populate it in the registration control like I said above. But instead of putting in the page name you need to put in the page id. So go to the page with your form and edit the page. Then look in your browser's url for the page id. This is what you will put into your registration control. So it would look something like this.

title=635830297
malli geswari August 8, 2018

Hi Davin

Thanks for our response, It was helpful.

Have raised a query related to confiforms in the below page. Can you please check and provide your response.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Confiforms-Registration-Control-Warning-to-be-displayed-on-the/qaq-p/860317

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events