Confiforms Setting a date via IFTTT on Modified

Jason Walsh January 5, 2021

I'm running into an issue when attempting to set a date field when another field has changed when a Confiform record has been modified.

For reference I have a status field that I'm tracking for changes and when that field is updated, I want to set another field to today's date and set another field to what the previous status was as well. I'm attempting to do this in an IFTTT - On Modified - Create / Update Confiforms Record.

Event = On Modified

Action = Create / Update Confiforms Entry

Filter = hasChanged(issuestatus):true

Parameters = entryId=[entry.id]&oldstatus=[entry._previousState.issuestatus.label]&statusdate=[entry._today]

What's interesting is that field "oldstatus" is working as intended, but statusdate seems to blanket all the records in my table on any update. Not sure what I've missed here and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Can you try to quickly change it to 

&statusdate=[entry._now]

(what field type is your "statusdate"?)

Jason Walsh January 5, 2021

statusdate is just a date type field. I'll try your change and see what happens

Jason Walsh January 6, 2021

Checked this morning and it looks like it's still updating the statusdate for "most" records even though I've validated that records didn't fit the filter criteria.

What's odd is that not "all" records are being updated with today's date, but a vast majority are. Not sure what could be causing this break in the logic.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Do you have other IFTTTs that run on record update? Something like "Update entries by filter"

As "Create / Update Confiforms Entry" cannot update *multiple* records

Check this page https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/How+to+troubleshoot+and+debug+ConfiForms+IFTTT+rules+execution , it helps you to understand what IFTTTs are called and in which order

Jason Walsh January 7, 2021

Aside from IFTTT macros to either create JIRA issues / send email on modified, I don't have any other IFTTT rules to make changes by filters. 

As far as placement goes, I have the macro in question placed after macros created to create JIRA issues and before macros placed to send emails. is there a best practice or "flow" as to where to align these macros in the waterfall? 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

IFTTTs execution order is set in the same order you have the macros inside the ConfiForms Form Definition (assuming the event and condition is met)

May be you can open a support ticket with us, so we can check and troubleshoot your specific case

Jason Walsh January 7, 2021

Thanks Alex and yes, that makes perfect sense.

I'll accept the answer here and open a ticket as it might be something small I've missed and am just not seeing the break in the logic. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events