Confiforms Required Field Asterisk shifted with update

Brian Karst October 21, 2020

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

We recently updated from 2.3 to 2.14 and many have reported that the red asterisk that indicates a required field that used to be oriented next to the field label has now become right Justified with the field label line. Is this a known issue or is there a setting or something that the users can do to fix it?

Example:

asterisk.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

Oh, that is a huge jump between versions!

No, we are not aware of this. It looks like you are using a custom layout for your form, right?

Does this uses a ConfiForms Field macro with parameters to show a label and to show this label on a new line?

Update:

---

You can quickly address it with a custom CSS (while we fix it for 2.15.2)

<style type="text/css">
span[data-macro-name="confiform-field"] > label > span {
  float: none !important;
}  
</style>

Yes, this one in particular is a custom layout with field macros showing label on own line. Without custom format the asterisk is still right justified with the label but ends up adjacent to the field input. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

This is sort of a "by design" now... for non-custom layouts. Do you think the old way was better?

If I understand your question correctly, I think non-custom layouts are for super simple forms and/or people just starting with ConfiForms. I think that the ability to put the label on its own line makes the form look crisper. I tend to put my forms in a table with cells sized appropriately for the field, so I noticed the change but it wasn't drastic like the one I sent in the image; but especially if label is on it's own line the asterisk needs to be adjacent to the label or field. I just saw enough posts about it in the organization that I figured I should ask about it.

And yes it was a huge jump in versions, lots of red tape; hopefully whatever contract was negotiated allows us to keep updated. I waited 6 months to be able to use the htmlToWiki VF and the ball was already rolling with the contract when it was made.

Still waiting on a way to get WYSIWYG coloring and Jira to play nice :P

It would also be nice to be able to insert a table into the WYSIWYG without coding it in, the VF seems to convert the HTML table to Wiki Table just fine

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events