Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms OnModified - Only update fields that have changed

Jason Walsh June 23, 2021

I have a form with several fields and there is the possibility of times where 2 people can be reviewing the same record at the same time. For example, if I have a date field set to today's date and user 1 changes that date to tomorrow and saves the record, the field behaves as intended and updates to tomorrow. If user 2 updates another field and saves the form after user 1, that date change is overwritten with today's date as that was the initial value and what is current on the record (as per the view on user 2's screen)

Is there a way to code an IFTTT macro to only update fields that have changed? This would help us avoid collision.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi

This is the normal behaviour, as users work with data snapshot and send their version of data for submission. This happens everywhere.

Last submission wins

The solution might be to use individual edits (enabled via "view" macro) or add a "version" field type (definition) to enable the form to be versionable which makes the second submit fail, telling the data has been updated in between and needs to be refreshed first

Alex 

Jason Walsh June 24, 2021

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the late response. 

Sounds like the version field type would be my best bet to prevent collision, however, I've never used that field before (we recently updated our Confiforms version finally) and am wondering if it's as simple as injecting that field into my form? Tried looking for some detailed documentation of a version field type and how to use it but was unsuccessful. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Just add a ConfiForms Field Definition with type "Version" into your form and that's it.

Alex

Jason Walsh June 25, 2021

Easy fix all along, thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events