Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms: Modification of link text from links field

its moi October 7, 2020

I have a form with a link field where URLs will be pasted in. In views I do not want to have the (rather long) URL shown, but either a standard text or icon (e.g. "Weblink") or a text which the registration user has to enter in the form. 

Is that possible and if yes, how? 
Currently the link field will just take the original link into views. 

Thanks for hints :) 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

You can have a ConfiForms field macro with field name set to use asLink function.

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

Assuming your field is called "mylink" then you will need to put into field name parameter something like

mylink.asLink(Weblink)
its moi October 7, 2020

perfect (y) 

Kaushlendra February 16, 2021

I am trying to use this method but it is is showing 'weblink' even when link is not provided by the user and record is empty.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi

May I see how are you using this?

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Kaushlendra February 17, 2021

I ma using it inside the "Field" macro in TableView macro, here is how Field macro looks like..

Capture.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Unless you are using some very old ConfiForms version it should work

Quick test from me: http://recordit.co/5uHh1WixP0 

Like Amir likes this
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

A-ha, you are saying that the "weblink" label is generated EVEN when there is no value in the docLink field. I see now!

We will fix this asap

Like # people like this
Kaushlendra February 17, 2021

Exactly, Thank you.

Michael Taylor August 16, 2021

Alex, any update on this?

"A-ha, you are saying that the "weblink" label is generated EVEN when there is no value in the docLink field. I see now!"

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2021

This has been fixed the same month we had this discussion

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Michael Taylor August 17, 2021

I have my definition as

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="65caec94-3803-41c3-bcf0-8873cd064e56" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Hyper</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">URL</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldDescription">URL if exists</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">link</ac:parameter>

and the field set up as

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="317838c7-caea-4f4a-b1e9-449e2b448e30" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="hideIfEmpty">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="messageToShowWhenEmpty"/>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Hyper.asLink(Link)</ac:parameter>

Every record shows Link

Like Bob Morgan likes this
Michael Taylor August 17, 2021

Based on your answer timeline it looks like the fix would have been Feb-March. I will check with my admin on the last time it was updated.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2021

That looks correct (configuration). Please check what ConfiForms version you are using and update if not on latest

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Michael Taylor October 11, 2021

Update did resolve the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events