Confiforms: Merge Tables with dropdown Field

Daniel_Bacher September 26, 2018

I have three tables that reference each other with an dynamic dropdown field. How could i merge them with the table merger macro?

I try this since yesterday.

My tables:

<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="1c4c1413-faf9-4c7b-a53c-abf0e92a7d32"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">groups</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="e1dd7d60-2ff6-4b7d-a18a-3a1d0807e0b0"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">group</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Name</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="1a57be7f-f4e4-46c6-8339-c0a2259b1ad9"><ac:rich-text-body>
<p><br /></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="2cdef8a3-e382-48f5-b53f-b51f796fb3bb"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">roles</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="e1db56a9-2fc8-445a-9047-eaaa25eb80df"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">role</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Rolle</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="c1db6615-9cbd-42c8-b129-782bfa5c8565"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">group</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Gruppe</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="values">[234520729|groups|name|true|false]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="extras">false[]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">dynamicselect</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="fd8d3837-1437-4cdc-85af-86a3af0ef632"><ac:rich-text-body>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="87a4c105-c59e-4269-829c-f528b66647a7"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">users</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="ed36bc4f-6f03-4dd1-bbf0-7063b7f70d79"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">username</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Benutzername</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="c92fc096-c52a-4db5-8dfb-cfd7cb561c9f"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">role</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Rolle</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="values">[234520729|roles|role|true|]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="extras">false[]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">dynamicselect</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="70587b76-5209-4af3-8ba4-d93e974000a6"><ac:rich-text-body>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p>

2 answers

0 votes
Marcel Kleinlütke August 24, 2022

I maybe have a similar request but slightly different.

I built two forms. One called task, the other service. In "task" I define the basis which I add by a smart multi row into service so that the entry of task form can be added multiple times to service form.

No the guys want to view the data of the forms as it where one... How can I access the data of service entry in the report of task?
I guess table view merger? But how do I adress the field named "mail" of the form "service" in the report?

thank u so much for your reply!!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

From what I understand your task form has no idea about the service... it is a service that "knows" about tasks (via a smart field)

Which means... you cannot build a view over the task form and show the service as it has not data about the service

I think u are right. Can I configure the report of the Service form entry in a way that instead of the smart field the task form field are used? And if this is possible can I split the entry so that for every "task" added a new data row is created?

or can I acces the field entries of the service task to fill them into the "tasks" entries? Than I could extract all data they want from the form?!?

Oh dear I know that sounds like clients from hell!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Yes, you can have a TableViewMerger macro over your "service" form and set to "flatten" on multi-rows

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 14.53.36.png

As with every smart field you can access ANY field from the record it references (navigating to it's property -> smartfield.property1 (in a ConfiForms Field macro's field name or via [entry.field_name] notations))

Like Marcel Kleinlütke likes this

You are a son of a god!!!! Thank u so much!!! This was amazing support work! I deeply thank u from the bottom of my heart!!!

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2018

You have 3 forms of a completely different structure

what and how you expect ConfiForms to merge these? These forms are ore like a "master details" structures

And having something like a ListView over the form with groups and then inner ListView over roles form and then over usernames will show you what you need, I believe

inner ListViews needs to have dynamically applied filters such as

group:[entry.group]

And for 2nd inner ListView you will have something like

role:[entry.role]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events