Confiforms - File/Attachment field cannot be used more than once

davin May 3, 2021

Hello all,

I had built out a form with Confiforms that included an File/Attachment field.

After receiving complains from the team I released that the field somehow is limited to only uploading files once. As in if after attaching the initial file if I wanted to attach another set of files, the field replaces the older selection with the new selection.

The most common use case for this is when you want to attach files from multiple folders - after attaching the files from the first folder, you cannot click "Browse" again to go to another folder and attach some more files as your initial selection will be deleted.

The workaround is to move all your files to a single location before opening up the form to attach files but obviously it doesn't flow with the general Attachment UI across other places which creates confusion amongst users and they feel that the field is only limited to one attachment.

Is there any way to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Attachment picker allows you to pick files that were already attached to the page it is pointing to

File/Attachment field allows you to upload (select for upload) multiple files. True that you need to do it at once (file selection), if you want to upload multiple files at once

Alex

davin May 3, 2021

My bad. I've corrected the question accordingly. So is there any way to fix this? Where it can "retain" already selected files?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Sorry, to fix what specifically? 

The selection needs to be done "at once" - this is how file field in the browser works

There is no upload made at the time when you just browse and select the file, only on form submit

davin May 5, 2021

Basically, like all file upload UIs, I'd like to give the user the ability to select the files they want to upload from different folders rather than having to do it "at once".

0 votes
davin May 3, 2021

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ As always, your guidance is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events