Confiforms Field Definition Rules

Denver Thomas April 5, 2023

I can't get these to do anything.

I have a text field named "filetype"

When "filetype" is "docx", I want the field "logo", which is an attachments picker, to pick the first attachment, which is the Microsoft word logo.

I've tried

fieldname: filetype

Condition: filetype:docx

Action: Set Value

logo=1 (and logo=word_logo.PNG)

And a bunch of variations involving entry.logo and entry.filetype.

I also really have no idea what the difference between fieldname and [entry.fieldname] is.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Denver Thomas 

If you want to set the attachment picker then you need to set it to a value that is a valid attachment id

Do you know how to lookup the attachment id of the logo you want to set?

(the rest of the parameters are fine)

PS, fieldname is when you want to check the field name for some value, [entry.fieldname] is when you access the value of this field

Alex

Denver Thomas April 5, 2023

Thank you. Yeah, I don't think I know how to lookup the attachment id (presuming this is something different than just the attachment file name (word_logo.PNG)). I thought there might be something like that which I needed.

PS, So would either [entry.fieldname]:somevalue or fieldname:somevalue work as a condition? Or are they fundamentally different? I still don't think I quite get it.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2023

I'll try to record a demo: http://recordit.co/DhowHfKM1Q (numeric value is the attachment id)

Hope it helps.

---

Or are they fundamentally different

Well, yes.. second, makes sense, while the first does not

See https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Filters

Denver Thomas April 6, 2023

That does indeed help, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events