Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms - Cannot increase field width - large-field css value conflict

Matthew Martin February 24, 2021

Hey there,

I'm struggling to resolve a conflict so I can set my field width correctly. Regardless of what I am trying to replace, the max-width attribute of .large-field is always being overwritten.

I have a text field and I am referencing this in the CSS style field: 

• max-width:700px;width:100%;background-color:#F4F5F7;

Just to validate, I've also set these controls in the space CSS as follows (which you can see in the snap below):

• .large-field {min-width100pxmax-width700pxwidth:100% !important}

However, with the above in mind, when I render the form, the max-width attribute is not being set correctly. When I inspect the rendered page and field, I see the following: 

image.png

Any thoughts on how I can properly get max-width to update to my required 700px?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2021

You can just add !important to your styles

max-width:700px !important;width:100%;background-color:#F4F5F7;
Matthew Martin February 25, 2021

Legend! Perfect

Can Kilic February 22, 2024

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Is it also possible to have a bigger field in general? I managed to adjust the width but my goal is that in a longer text you can see your hole input or at least a bigger part of it. Is it somehow possible to adjust the field in the height? so when the width is reached then it goes a line down or something like that

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

You can apply whatever CSS styles you find appropriate... font-size, for example

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events