Confiforms - Action that creates page and copies some data between forms

London November 4, 2022

Hopefully I can describe this well enough...

I have a form (MainForm) in which a user can input data (Input 1).

When they submit, an IFTTT Macro creates a new page titled "Input 1"

Now on this new page, I need the user to be able to register DIFFERENT data (Input b), but have those Input b records show up in a table attached to Input 1

so it'd look like:

[On Page 1]

*Add Record* Input 1 = Cat *New Page is Created*

[On Page 2]

*Add Record* Input b = dog

*Add Record* Input b = frog

*Add Record* Input b = Hampster

Table View:

Input 1           Input b

Cat                 dog

Cat                frog

Cat               Hampster

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2022

Hi @London 

Welcome to this community

You can set up a ConfiForms Registrations Control macro on the created page to have a "preset values" parameters set, setting the "input1" field to Cat on page create

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Overriding+defaults+of+ConfiForms+Register+macro

The parameter will look something like below

input1=[entry.input1]

assuming the fields for form 1 and form 2 are the same and called input1

Of course, there is a way to link the forms better - using ConfiForms smart fields.

Assuming the form2 input1 field is a smart dropdown connected to form1 input1 field then the parameter will be something like

input1=[entry.id]

(setting the reference from the form1 record to form's 2 input1 field)

Alex

London November 7, 2022

It seems to just give me a long string of numbers - and I don't want that input field to be selectable (but for it to be preselected)

My structure looks like this:

Page: Test Search

>Form Definition (MainForm)

>>Field Definition(ELNOT)

>>Field Definition(TechniqueType)

>>IFTT onCreate Create Page (Page Title: ELNOT:[entry.ELNOT]-[entry.TechniqueType])

>>>Form Definition (addsub)

>>>>Field Definition (fieldName = ELNOT, SmartDropdown, Form name = MainForm, Field name: ELNOT [ELNOT], Override label value: ELNOT=[entry.id]

>>>Registration Control (formName = addsub)

>>>Table View (formName = addsub)

>>>>Form Field (ELNOT)

Can I not create a second form inside the IFTT that creates the new page? It pulls the ELNOT entry value the first time and makes it the page title, but referenced in the second form it doesn't. I'm not sure where the connection breaks down?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2022

Sorry, hard to tell from seeing this and not the actual configuration.

But it is certainly possible to create a page with another form inside (if that's the question)

London November 7, 2022

But can I use the data from the first page/form to create/append data created in the new page/form?

ie: The input1 being "Cat" and that form created the next page "Dog"

I want to be able to create yet another subpage from the "Dog" page

Page 1: Cat, Page 2: Dog Page 3: Yellow

In the end I need to be able to export from page 3 (Yellow) but show that the records there correlate to Cat and Dog

It's basically additional drill down data

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2022

Sorry, I dont understand this. Sounds too complicated for me

London November 7, 2022

I'm sorry I'm explaining poorly. Does this help?

Tables.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events