Confiforms API - Duplicate records insert with form providing the detection?

Glen Collins December 21, 2021

Hello. I have a form which I update via the API. In the form I have a check for duplicate records which works perfectly via the form and the API. But when I update the same record I just get the return of "duplicate record" message I have in the form and the returned API provides a successful status. I'm wondering if there is any way to change this so an actual error code is returned if a duplicate record is inserted.

The other way I can do is get all the records from the form 1st and then validate if I have to insert. I'm using Ansible to do this work and it's not progmatically easy to do this in one task if I want to use all native ansible modules.

I think I just might have steered my way to doing it a better way but I'll leave this here in case what I asked 1st is possible.

Thanks.

Glen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

Hi

How do you validate your record for the duplicate? Are you using a validation rule in ConfiForms? 

As for the API, are you using REST API and something like - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Server+REST+API+version+1#ConfiFormsServerRESTAPIversion1-UpdateConfiFormsEntry to do your update?

If there is a validation error then you usually get a BAD REQUEST with message explaining what exactly is happening (and the response body with JSON describing the errors)

Alex

Glen Collins January 3, 2022

My bad! I was using the create API rather than the update. I just have to figure out how to check 1st if the data has already been submitted before I do an update API call.

Thanks for the info!

Glen

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events