Confiform syntax for conditional to validate two fields in a record

kowshick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2024

HI, 

I am making a room booking calendar using confi form

I have three confiform field definition . One is of Text input, One is of data type interval of field name "eventDT" and other is dropdown of field name "RoomName".

Every time I make a new a new entry [Name, Datetime, SetupName] I want to check when the database already has an entry in that Datetime interval for a specific RoomName. 

Below is the condition I have in the rules for field definition, however it doesn't seem to work fine. The datatimeinteval check alone works fine, but RoomName is always false?

(eventDT.startDate:<=[entry.eventDT.endDate] AND eventDT.endDate:>=[entry.eventDT.startDate] AND RoomName.id:[entry.RoomName.id] AND !id:[entry.id])

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2024

What is not working for you with this expression?

I have tested with yours and a bit simplified and it works just fine and find the overlaps

(eventDT.startDate:<=[entry.eventDT.endDate] AND eventDT.endDate:>=[entry.eventDT.startDate] AND RoomName:[entry.RoomName] AND !id:[entry.id])

Obviously, the validation rule has to be set to be across the "dataset" - Validation rule (dataset)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events