Confiform IFTTT to open a new tab and direct to URL

Brian Karst August 28, 2020

I am currently redirecting the Confiform page to the URL of the created Jira issue. I was asked if the ConfiForm could not redirect the form page, but open a new browser tab and redirect to the Jira issue's URL. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2020

At the moment ConfiForms cloud does not support redirecting to some page in a new browser window/tab.

This functionality is only supported by ConfiForms server/data center version of the app

Brian Karst August 31, 2020

I know my account says cloud, but that was so I could make an account to ask questions. I am actually on a server, but couldn't figure out how to link it.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

Oh, please specify this with tags at least.. or in a question..

On server you can use the following parameter

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 17.16.45.png

Found it! Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  Never thought to look in the registrations control since I had an IFTTT redirecting, but I will switch to the registrations control. Was a little afraid it wasn't in our version as we are quite a bit behind (2.3), hoping we get through all the red tape and update to 2.13 or 2.14 so I can try out the new htmlToWiki VF

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  it doesn't seem to be functioning. It still redirects, but in the same tab. Are there limitations, or something else I need to do besides input my URL and check the box? I have deleted the old IFTTT thinking it was the cause, but still doesn't open a new window/tab

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2020

Add |0 after the url to redirect, so it does not use a server redirect

https://google.com|0

interesting, it makes the page refresh as expected, but no tab/window is created for the redirect

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2020

Works just fine for me when I have tested it...

May be you have a popup blocker or something like that?

Like Brian Karst likes this

yup that was it, thanks Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders