Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiform: Formatting dates pulled from Jira

Erin Smith January 27, 2021

I have a Confiform in Confluence that is populating fields based on information in a Jira ticket based on the Key the user fills in.

One of the fields is pulling in the Created Date which in Jira has the format dd/MMM/' 'yy HH:mm PM

We only want the date portion, but no matter how I use the "formatDate" function, or the "convertDate" function it won't pull the information into Confluence.

If I don't format it, I just put fields.created it populates the field in the form as: yyyy-MM-ddT16:28:02.860-0500

If I do try to format it, it leaves the field blank.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or how I can pull just the date portion of the information from Jira?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi

Yes, there is a bit of a confusion ConfiForms is having and you need to help it with a parseDate function and Jira format for date/time field

fields.created.parseDate(yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ)

Then you can either format it or extract a timestamp

fields.created.parseDate(yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ).formatDate(yyyy-MM-dd)
fields.created.parseDate(yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ).timestamp

Hope it helps

Alex 

Erin Smith January 28, 2021

You Sir are a God.

Thank you so much, this is now working flawlessly.

0 votes
Info Developer March 21, 2023

Thanks Alex.

As you advised, I entered the parsed and formatted date below into the Field Name (see the first attached image):

myissue.fields.created.parseDate(yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ).formatDate(yyyy-MM-dd)

But, the date is still not formatted. See the second attached image. I don't know what I have done wrong

Date Value entered into Field name.jpegTable View Output .jpeg 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

I see a different (and an expected) result

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 15.42.20.png

Hard to "debug" your configuration by looking at these photos...

But did a quick test, following the advise given to Erin earlier and that works just as mentuined

In my screenshot the second column is a field with field name set to 

myissue.fields.created

And the 3rd column is the field with field name set to 

myissue.fields.created.parseDate(yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ).formatDate(yyyy-MM-dd)

myissue is the name of the field (Jira issue type) in my form

Alex

Thanks for your prompt response, Alex.

I will try this again when my Confluence comes up, and get back to you

Hi Alex,

I noticed my mistake: Instead of single colon, I entered double colon between "ss" and "SSSZ". (ss:SSZ)

I changed it to single colon (ss.SSZ), and it is working now

Thanks so much!

0 votes
Info Developer March 20, 2023

Please, how do I format the Created Date (mentioned by Erin Smith) in "ConfiForms Form Field" Macro?

In the Macro, I entered myissue.fields.created.parseDate(yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ) as the field name, and yyyy-MM-dd inside the Override output format text box. 

But, the format is not changing to yyyy-MM-dd.

Kindly assist 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

Hi

You do it by parsing and formatting the date as explained in my earlier comment to Erin

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events