Confiform CalendarView Macro is not displaying data to others

Srinath S April 8, 2021

Hi,

I created a calendar in a confluence page using confiform CalendarView Macro to display events created using a registration form. Such that whenever a person submits a request using the other confiform the registration gets populated to the calender view automatically as an event based on the date range selected. The form and calendar macro are in different confluence pages.

I have a weird thing happening. I am able to see the events in the calendar view when someone submits event through the registration form without any issues.

However others see a blank calendar in the calendar page without any events.

I even tried giving edit access to both form and calendar confluence pages to a person but still he sees a blank calendar without events. He is not even able to see the events that he submitted himself in the registration form(for which my mail macro is successfully triggering emails with submitted details and I am also able to see the registered data in view/edit data portion of the form)

I also tried to create the calendar view  macro in the same page as the registration form, but still its shows as blank to others.

Not sure what is going wrong in my set up. Please help me to sort out the issue such that anyone who has view access to the confluence page where the calendar is hosted, should be able to see the events.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi

How is the form itself is configured? Does it allow seeing other user's records for form's non admin users?

Alex

Srinath S April 9, 2021

Hi Alex,

Please find below the permissions that I have put for forms and calendar:

form3.JPGform4.JPGform-reg.JPGform1.JPGform2.JPG

I even tried adding a person to super user permission group but still he is unable see any events (including his own events) but I am able to see the events in the calendar

Srinath S April 9, 2021

caldndar1.JPGThis is the permissions I have set in calendar

Below is the calendar view macro that I have configured in my confluence page and mapped the form name and the confluence page where the form is present

calendar2.JPG

Quite weird that all these are showing events just for me but not others

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Where the form itself is located? In your own space? 

If you build a TableView over the data in your form - do they see the form's data?

Srinath S April 18, 2021

HI Alex,

Thank you so much for the support, your question rung a bell. When I checked the form I had a field visible only for certain set of users (primarily set it to myself). I kept the field as a filter on the calendar view. Hence both conflicted and showed date only for me. Once I removed the view condition then it is visible to everyone :)

Srinath S April 22, 2021

Hi Alex,

Just one last question. We use Confluence 6.13.4 what is the maximum number of records that we can store on a form's database?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2021

9,223,372,036,854,775,807 :-) (total for all forms)

Srinath S April 24, 2021

Wowww!!! Thank you so much

Srinath S May 3, 2021

Hi Alex,

I have an additional requirement from one of the users where they want a single event be discontinuously visible across different dates on calendar(instead a date time range). In this case a single event might have multiple date-range fields within a single submission form event to enter more than one date-range as this could be an event on alternate days. However I am not sure if the confiform calendar allows it as I used &, AND, OR between three date-range fields' names in the grouping field of the confiform calendar but then the calendar becomes blank. Please let me know if there is any way to accomplish this.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2021

Are you talking about "recurring events"?

ConfiForms can only show what is registered in the form - for the app it is just the data, not  calendar specific data. True that it can be shown as a calendar, as well as using other types of "views".. but still it shows ONLY what is registered - in other words, you need to register each even independently

Alex

Like Srinath S likes this
Srinath S May 3, 2021

Ah ok Alex.. I thought so too but wanted to ask the Wizard-Alex :) for some magic... But I understand now..

thank you so much :)

0 votes
Srinath S July 27, 2021

Hi Alex,

While the data are displayed in the calendar when someone click on the event the form view doesn't have the filtered data and shows the entire form fields regardless of the rules and filters applied on the actual form. Is there a way that the form's filters/rules are applied the form view on calendar as well? Please note that I have set up the form be open in read only mode on the

calendar as I dont want users to perform any edit action there.

Capture.JPG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2021

You can set up the calendar to use "Dialog" mode and have your form's dialog layout inside the CalendarView macro body. Basically that means it will use the CalendarView macro body (layout) to create a dialog (contents)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events