ConfiForms Table sorting not working

The Love Orchestra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2023

'Hello, world!'

I'm having an issue with ConfiForms whereupon the 'sort' functionality is not working for one specific column. 

If I click the column header, it sorts as expected - but using the 'sort' functionality on the 'Edit ConfiForms Table Macro' page; with the correct ID, 'team ASC'; returns...a weirdly disordered, only sort of half-sorted list. It correctly groups certain data together, but not in any sort of proper alphabetical order. Same with 'team ASC'. 

Again, if I click the column header, it actually does sort properly - but my client wants it to happen automatically.

Strangely, if I sort by, say - 'name' - it 'just works'. It seems to only be the field I need to sort by that exhibits this behaviour.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions on how I can make this work as expected?

Thank you all! <3

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2023

Hi ... @The Love Orchestra and welcome to this community

What field type is your devicePod field is?

Alex

The Love Orchestra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2023

It is a smart dropdown, that ironically does sort properly in the dropdown. thanks for the reply! :)

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2023

Smart field holds a UUID and when you say it to sort by a smart field it sorts the UUIDs it references

Basically you need to tell what field in the linked form record you want to use to sort it on

devicePod.field_in_ref_form ASC

Alex

Like The Love Orchestra likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events