ConfiForms File Definition Attachment Storage is restricted

Markisio December 14, 2022

Hi There, 

I have a File/Attachment form definition created and I noticed it create sub pages with storage ID, ex: storage_357567b1-6838-487d-8828-0ebf0333f4dd and the page is restricted, therefore no one able to see the attachment due restrictions.

Any idea why this is happening? I don't need any restrictions 

Please advice 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Markisio 

Someone has put "secure storage" on your ConfiForms Form Definition macro to store attachments securely

Alex

thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ is there away to disable that? can admin on the project able to disable that 

thanks 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

It is a parameter on your form (ConfiForms Form Definition macro). Anyone who can edit the page can modify macro parameters

Alex

Like Markisio likes this

Thanks! didn't realize there is a setting for that :) 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2022

This option is usually set for a reason. For use cases when someone wants to protect the privacy of the uploaded attachments.

As you cannot set permissions on the attachment object itself, the only possibility is to add an attachment on a separate page and restrict permissions on the page

Like Markisio likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events