ConfiDocs: JQL Query on Jira with more than one search term

Florian Seibold December 13, 2022

Hi together,

I´m trying to use ConfiDocs to do a Query on our Jira server and show data. The Problem is, that whenever I add a space in the JQL field, the plugin doesn´t work anymore. The problem for me is, that i do not know how to combine now a JQL term with more than one search term like in the tutorial:

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIDOC/Creating+parent-child+page+using+ListView+and+TableView+macros?src=contextnavpagetreemode

image.png

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards

Florian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi

Try to url encode your JQL parameters

Alex

Florian Seibold December 14, 2022

Thanks a lot! Works. Could this be done directly using virtual funktions? What is the syntax to do this?

(Project = CONF AND Somethingelese).urlencode ???

Thanks a lot!!!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Not sure what you mean... but...

Instead of

Project = CONF AND Somethingelese

put an url encoded parameter

%28Project%20%3D%20CONF%20AND%20Somethingelese

Alex 

Like Florian Seibold likes this

Yes, THis works. The correct Question is: Could I use virtual functions to do this?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2022

No, virtual functions are applicable only on field values

So whenever i have a field e.g from confiforms, thats called "somethat" I could enter it there and add .urlencode, so it would be somewhat.urlencode and then this is done automatically?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2022

Not sure about the last question.

ConfiDoc is not ConfiForms... and what you ask is possible only if the "somewhat" is the name of the field to get the value from

Thanks a lot. I´ve opened another Question that fore (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-use-a-ConfiForms-Result-as-Input-for-A-Jira-JQL-Query/qaq-p/2216948). This one is completely answered. Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events