Conditionally show sections: What's the best free way and best paid-for way?

Ben Rogers April 28, 2015

I have a docset with sections 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Sometime I only want to show odd, sometimes even, sometimes 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, etc. Is there a way to tag sections so that I can show/hide them as needed? 

The Visibility Plugin displays content based on users/groups which is not what I want. 

Thanks, 

Ben 

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Rogers April 29, 2015

Hi Luiz, 

I should have used "paragraphs" instead of "sections." It looks like the macro you mention is for pages rather than paragraphs in pages. Is it possible to use a macro to show/hide paragraphs (or rather HTML DIVs which may have one multiple parapraphs). 

Ben 

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

Hi Ben,

If I understood correctly what you need, I believe the Navigation Map Macro will help you!

Here's how it works: you have a lot of pages on your spaces, all them are tagged as "example-tag-1" or "example-tag-2". Then you insert the Navigation Map Macro in a page, and let's consider that you only want to show the pages tagged as "example-tag-2". You will insert this tag on the Macro, and it will show on the page, shortcuts for the pages with this tag.

Please check this documentation for all information of how the macro works: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Navigation+Map+Macro

Please let me know if you have any doubts. Thank you! smile

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events