Conditional Formatting in Confluence table spreadsheets

Mo Ullah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2022

I've spent 2 hours trying to figure this out but no luck. I have a table in Confluence. Im using the table spreadsheet macro. Looks like its running google sheets because the formulas match the ones in google sheets. Anyways, I'm trying to conditionally highlight cells containing dates that are <today()

Screenshot of columns from confluence As you can see its highlighting wrong cells for some reason. I selected the range --> conditional formatting --> New Rule --> Use formulas to determine which cells to format --> then i entered this formula in the box "F8<today()". F8 is the first cell on the second column. Why is it not highlighting the first cell which is less than today()? The formatting functionality within table spreadsheets is limited unlike google sheets. enter image description here

2 answers

3 votes
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Mo Ullah ,

As you are on Confluence Server/Data Center, please check the version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app that you use.

The current one is 9.5.2. If yours is an older one, please update.

In recent versions there indeed were some issues with the today() function, your question may have the same root of the problem.

Here is how your condition works for me (the app version is 9.5.2, today is 2/12/2022):

Fri 1-1.png

Fri 1-2.png

Mo Ullah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2022

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for the response! How do I check the version? I'm not an admin so I will have to contact our admins to update the app. 

Another thing I noticed is that even if I use the conditional format "Date" to highlight and exact date, it does not match.

Thanks,

Mo

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Mo Ullah , welcome to the Community!

I'm not familiar with conditional formatting in the Spreadsheet Macro by setting formulas so I can't confirm the formulas are matching those in Google Sheets. (The guys from Stiltsoft, the app vendor, will probably step into this thread to clarify this.)

Even if there is this match, you might check if your formula is working after you set the particular column to the appropiate date format just in case your data is not automatically recognized.

grafik.png

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events