Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Formatting Tables from SQL Query Macro?

Joshua Hart September 23, 2016

I currently use the sql query macro quite a bit. I would like to format the table cells in some way that changes the cell color based on any value. Currently its a txt value i'd like to tackle.

Example: Cell value = C and turn cell grey, Cell value = F and turn that cell red.

Hopefully I'm making sense. I use the Table Plus macro and table filter macro often as well but still cant seem to find any that do exactly what i want that similar to excel. Problem is i rely on sql queries to auto populate the data in the cells to minimize manual work needed to update. 

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua Hart September 23, 2016

Is there maybe another macro i can use?

Can java do both the query to pull the data and also table formatting? 

Im not too savvy with java but i know some CSS and tried it but didn't work. I am a quick learner and if its possible i just need to be pointed in the right direction. The SQL Query macro does allow for some CSS formatting but only limited to row and column color/mouse over highlighting.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2016

Well I think you best bet is to see if the macro vendor will expose the java objects so that you can write your own macro using Velocity. If they will do that, then you have a chance as you can check the content to then set a class on a table cell that can then be styled with CSS.

Otherwise, my feeling is that it is not worth the effort (or maybe you will get lucky and someone smarter than me will be able to answer this wink ).

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

Generally the quick answer to something like this is to use CSS, but you cannot write a rule based on content, you need there to be some specific class or ID on the cell. The next answer might be Javascript, but that would help with keyword highlighting, maybe it could format a parent tag based on content?. Bottom line, my thinking is that without some hook in the cell tag, you won't be able to do what you want to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events