Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition does not work when the language is set to EN (US)

Martin April 21, 2021

Hello all,

I have created two forms. In the first form you can create appointments, which are then available for selection in the other form.
The appointments have the elements location, date and time. The date has the format "dd.MM.yyyy". To prevent multiple appointments from being selected in the same week, the date is converted to the format "yyyy, w". Now the macro "ConfiForms Form Field Definition" and the type "Validation rule (dataset)". Now I check if there is already an entry from the user in the calendar week. This works as long as the language in Confluence is not set to EN (US) but to e.g. German or EN (GB). Probably the reason is that the format of the date is different in EN (US). But this format is predefined in the macro. Another peculiarity is that the value of the calendar week changes in the data set when you change from German to EN (US) and vice versa.

Below is the code. Maybe someone can help me.

Create dates:

<p class="auto-cursor-target">
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="12b9fddb-ea0d-4fa3-8f4d-2130a039f162" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">testForm</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="9c71ce5c-c97d-4a98-b02a-1df123b2ba1f" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">location</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">location</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">false[Berlin=Berlin|Madrid=Madrid|]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">select</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="b8907bfa-42e4-415e-9909-26227f658cf8" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">date</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">date</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras">dd.MM.yyyy</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extracontext">false</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">date</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="7f1c2a76-a4ed-4d0f-89ef-637af53294b9" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">time</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">time</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">time</ac:parameter>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="3a3ee08c-5828-4cab-bf7d-ad85b087840f" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">Embedded</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
<br/>
</p>
<br/>
</p>

Book dates:

<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="e582eb6b-fe8a-4e68-adfa-972fe2d03815" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="ee236e5b-1d91-4244-8df6-251d9d4b4806" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">user</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">user</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">false[]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">user</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="23bc9dd2-5711-4e68-9fff-54501387a7b4" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">calendarWeek</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">calendarWeek</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras">YYYY-ww</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extracontext">false</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">date</ac:parameter>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="543561dc-0092-49f4-a10f-9574d0ed5f17" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">multi</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">multi</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">[209421409:testForm]location,date,time,</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">smartclass</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a893de5d-8c97-49a3-953b-f5916208e101" ac:name="confiform-field-definition-rules" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="condition">user:[entry.user] AND calendarWeek:[entry.calendarWeek] AND !id:[entry.id]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">You have already made an appointment!</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Validation rule dataset</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="actionFieldName">multi</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="74d4ecff-cb21-49d0-a746-3b90a3fd4f01" ac:name="confiform-field-definition-rules" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Hast dich schon registriert dude!</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">datum=[entry.multi.date]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Set value</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="7716f52d-52fa-49bc-a925-9204c3e26288" ac:name="confiform-field-definition-rules" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">calendarWeek=[entry.multi.date]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Set value</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="deffeb71-301e-4ec5-9620-dff2bf2a4ff0" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="presetValues">user = [entry._user.fullName]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">Embedded</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="d7f853ba-710b-4ebd-8090-b4e6ef49a388" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">user</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>  </p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="4a66b48b-7fc9-4b8c-bb6f-5b167dc00c7b" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">multi</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<br/>
</p>
<br/>
</p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="500ef015-fd6a-48e7-babf-ea180c20668b" ac:name="confiform-table" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<br/>
</p>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

You are using

YYYY-ww

Are you sure you want to use "Week year", instead of "year" in your formatting pattern?

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html 

I would also change the validation condition to be something like

user:[entry.user] AND calendarWeek.formatDate(yyyyww):[entry.calendarWeek.formatDate(yyyyww)] AND !id:[entry.id]

Alex

Martin April 21, 2021

Thanks Alex!

I removed the date format from calendarWeek and used your condition and it works no matter what language Confluence is set to.

Thanks a lot!

I had also tested it before with "yyyy , w" and it didn't work either. I don't understand why it works with formatDate() but not with the default formatting in the macro.

And if I keep the format "yyyy, w" in the macro and change the language in Confluence, the value changes from eg.
EN (US): 21.04.2021: 2021, 16 to DE: 21.04.2021: 2021, 14

Which means I could book two dates in the same week if I keep the format in the macro and change the language.

But without, it works like i want to.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

The important thing here is to compare dates in some "common format" and this is what I do in my condition (transforming both values to some common format for comparison) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events