Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ComponentAccessor in Confluence?

Kyrre Kristiansen August 28, 2014

I've been using the Script Runner plugin in Jira for pretty much anything under the sun. It's really a great plugin for finding out details about the running Jira instance, and I've worked up quite a collection of scripts that I use more or less frequently.

I've installed the Script Runner (3.0) on our Confluence instance, and I'm having less luck.

The API's seem to be quite different, and I am struggling to get a "way in", so to speak.

In Jira, all things start from the ComponentAccessor. Is there a similar component in Confluence?

I do most of the scripting in the scripting console.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Kyrre Kristiansen August 28, 2014

After some heavy googling, I found the com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager, which seems to be what I'm looking after. For example, trying to fetch the pageManager from the script console, use the lines:

import com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager
ContainerManager.getInstance().getComponent("pageManager")

Which will return the page manager for general use and abuse :-D

2 votes
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

The com.atlassian.sal.api.component.ComponentLocator class may actually be the nearer equivalent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events