Completely disable atlassian-confluence.log

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

There're some bugs and some other events in confluence which throws a lot in log file.

I'd like to have a possibility to temporary disable writing in log.

Is it possible?

I thought that I could change permission for that file so confluence even can't write to it. But maybe somebody knows real solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

The application will fall over if it can't write to the log.  You could turn the logging levels down, but if you've got a log full of errors, you should be fixing them.

Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

Thanks for pointing that app won't work once it couldn't write to log.

All errors are submitted to specific support, so I don't need to see repeated errors in log.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

As I said, you could try turning down the logging levels, but a log file is there to record errors, so it's doing what it should be doing.  Ignoring them is not the right thing to do, you should fix them, so the errors don't need to be logged.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events