Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete deleted a space default/homepage - the trash too

Andreas March 16, 2021

Somebody has completely deleted a space homepage, the trash too. If i click on the overview, i get the typical error message: "This space has no homepage .... a.s.o. ..."! So i've no chance to restore the page.

In the past i've found a solution to create a new default homepage and i've added this new startpage at the section "Configure space details", but i can't find it any more at the web - sh*t :-((.

The only solutions which i've found match with older versions of Jira but they are not compatible to the current version.

---> So, is there anybody who know how to fix it or a link???

PS: May be some expressions dont'n match exactly the english versions cause i had to translate from german.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Andreas 

You should be able to go to the Summary Page of the Confluence Space by clicking either the gear or going to another Summary Page of a different space and modifying the URL accordingly.

Once you get there you can insert a different page as the homepage. I would take screenshots but I am locked out of my cloud instance, so hopefully someone can add some.

best,
Clark

0 votes
Andreas March 17, 2021

Hi Clark,

that's the problem, it does'nt matter what i type in this field, it doesn't match.

I remember in the past - this horny link i can't find any more - i've created a new site. The URL of this new created site can never be similar to the original default jira-homepage/site. It always will be created with a large number instead the string "~jira".

See this 2 Ex.:

.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JIRA/overview ( the default jira site)

atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/~123456789/overview ( a NEW generated site)

The normal key is "Jira" at the "Space details", the new key will be the number of the URL.

So this new default (Overview) site don't appears under "Sites" ( space left side ) cause it's the "default" site.

Later this new generated site i can insert at the field "Homepage" or "Startpage" (in english).  

So there must be - there IS - a possibility to create a new default not listet (at "Sites") site internal at jira.

If i will find this fantastic link with the tutorial how to do i will post it here immedialtely.

Cheers Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events