cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Future macro?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

I LOVE PocketQuery, but I have a couple reports that take a while and of course block the page from loading.  If you put it in a Future (part of the Bob Swift SQL package) it runs the query with the default parameters but the user cannot modify the parameters and rerun it.  Well, they can, but it just uses the defaults.  Here is a screenshot of the only visible wonkiness:

image2015-4-1 8:34:58.png

When it's outside of the Future, it looks like this:

image2015-4-1 8:35:31.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

Hi Scott!

Thank you for using PocketQuery smile. The problem with a Future macro around the PocketQuery macro is that it will be a separate request. I.E. the PocketQuery macro will be rendered in another request environment (the Ajax request sent to the future servlet). While this is generally not a big deal for the default functionality of PQ, it breaks the "Dynamic Parameter" feature, since it reads the parameters from the request. Now in that case, PQ tries to read everything from the Future request that doesn't have the required information available.

We are currently working on PocketQuery 2.0 which will have its own "render macro dynamically" functionality. This will load the PocketQuery macro dynamically in the background and won't prevent the page from loading. No Future macro will be required anymore. Unfortunately, this release will still take some more time and I don't see any workaround for this issue at the moment. Maybe you can try to make your query faster somehow and go without the Future macro already?

Regards, Felix [Scandio]

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2015

Awesome news about 2.0, thanks!  Unfortunately this is a vendor DB and it is just very slow.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2015

I might be able to provide you a beta version of 2.0. If you're interested, please send an email to atlassian[at]scandio.de

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events