Companion App won't download

The companion app fails to download under Windows10.  I tried to edit an attachment and was presented with a Pop-up asking me to download the app.  The browser (Edge) gave an error saying "windows_32 couldn't be downloaded"

If I go directly to the download site I get "There are no stable releases for Windows".

Here's the URL:

https://companion-release-server.us-west-1.prod.public.atl-paas.net/download/latest/windows_32

I also tried the Mac download button and it has the same problem.

I also tested with Chrome, IE and Firefox, and another staff member's PC.  All had the same problem.

Any ideas?

Robin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hey Robin,

We had some intermittent issues yesterday with the release server for Companion.  We got everything up and running again pretty quickly but it looks like you were unfortunately caught in the period of time where things weren't quite working correctly.

If you try again today it should download perfectly.

Cheers,

Samuel

Thank you both, Samuel it looks like you were right, it downloaded and worked fine this morning.

One thing I was wondering is when you save from the desktop app (eg MW Word) does it save directly to Confluence or is there a temp file left somewhere on my C drive?

Robin

There is a temporary file stored on your device while you are editing it locally

0 vote

Hi Robin,

I'm able to download both versions from the stable release page as well as the link you provided. 

Are you able to do it in another browser? I'm not sure why Edge might not let you download the file.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

194 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you