Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Companion App won't download

Robin Brown October 5, 2017

The companion app fails to download under Windows10.  I tried to edit an attachment and was presented with a Pop-up asking me to download the app.  The browser (Edge) gave an error saying "windows_32 couldn't be downloaded"

If I go directly to the download site I get "There are no stable releases for Windows".

Here's the URL:

https://companion-release-server.us-west-1.prod.public.atl-paas.net/download/latest/windows_32

I also tried the Mac download button and it has the same problem.

I also tested with Chrome, IE and Firefox, and another staff member's PC.  All had the same problem.

Any ideas?

Robin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
sattard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

Hey Robin,

We had some intermittent issues yesterday with the release server for Companion.  We got everything up and running again pretty quickly but it looks like you were unfortunately caught in the period of time where things weren't quite working correctly.

If you try again today it should download perfectly.

Cheers,

Samuel

Robin Brown October 8, 2017

Thank you both, Samuel it looks like you were right, it downloaded and worked fine this morning.

One thing I was wondering is when you save from the desktop app (eg MW Word) does it save directly to Confluence or is there a temp file left somewhere on my C drive?

Robin

sattard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2017

There is a temporary file stored on your device while you are editing it locally

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2017

Hi Robin,

I'm able to download both versions from the stable release page as well as the link you provided. 

Are you able to do it in another browser? I'm not sure why Edge might not let you download the file.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events