Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Forums - can't disable sticky topics on top

Michael Keating March 31, 2016

We've recently upgraded from Confluence v 5.4.4 to 5.8.18 and have encountered a new issue, where we can't disable the sticky sort option on our Community Forums. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, can it be resolved?

Thanks!

Mike

2 answers

2 votes
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

Hi Mike,

My name is Rafael Franco and I'm the Tech Lead of the Product Team here at Adaptavist. First of all, thanks for your interest in our products. In regards to your question, are you using the server or the cloud version? What is the version of the plugin you are using?

Cheers,

Rafael

0 votes
Michael Keating April 3, 2016

Hey Rafael,

We're running version 2.71 on Confluence 5.8.18. I'm afraid I'm not sure if it's the server or cloud version but my best guess (unless there's a way I can check) would be server.

Mike

Divya Margani [Adaptavist] April 4, 2016

Hi @Michael Keating

Please see link below to check if its Server or Cloud version:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-know-what-version-of-confluence-is-running-179441565.html

Please can you attach a screenshot of the issue where you can't disable the sticky topic option.

Regards 

Divya Margani | QA & Support Analyst | Adaptavist

Michael Keating April 4, 2016

Hey @Divya Margani [Adaptavist],

I've attached two screenshots here: one of the config info (I think it's Server version) and one as requested of where we can't change the sticky option.

Mike

screencapture-www-samaritansnet-org-admin-systeminfo-action-1459782580431.png

sticky.png

Divya Margani [Adaptavist] April 4, 2016

Hi @Michael Keating,

The "sticky topics on top" option that you've highlighted cannot be removed and it will be there by default. If you do not wish to see the sticky topics of your Forum on top, then you can uncheck the option. But the option cannot be removed.

Divya

Michael Keating April 5, 2016

Hi @Divya Margani [Adaptavist],

We're not trying to remove it - we just can't uncheck the box - this doesn't work in Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox for any of our users.

Mike

Michael Keating April 17, 2016

Hey @Divya Margani [Adaptavist],

We still haven't been able to work this out on our side. Do you think it's something that we can resolve?

Mike

Divya Margani [Adaptavist] April 18, 2016

Hi @Michael Keating,

We will be releasing a new version of Community Forums in the next few days. Please upgrade to the new version and clear your browser cache and see if it works. Our developers have made some fixes to this issue and you will not be able to see it in the next version. Please keep an eye out for the next version on the Marketplace.

Divya

Michael Keating April 18, 2016

Thanks @Divya Margani [Adaptavist] - sounds like it should do the trick smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events